A statement released from Heaven this week invites a number of unexpected guests to the Banquet. Speaking on behalf of the Host, spokesman St. John Chrysostom lists the following guests:
- The 14-year-old who thought he would die of fasting;
- the catechumen who has been checking the fine print on everything in the grocery store;
- the recently chrismated mother of three who has been giving her kids cheese sandwiches because they hate peanut butter;
- the retired golf enthusiast who discovered it was Lent on the Monday after the Sunday of the Cross;
- the business traveler who just got home two weeks before Pascha
- the Prodigal suddenly drawn by the memories of Holy Week.
The Banquet will be served in a variety of venues around the world. Check local listings for times and locations.
Copyright © 2004–2017 Jan Bear. All Rights Reserved.
This report was first filed by Onion Dome rambling reporter Jan Bear in April, 2004.